Monday, November 22, 2010

It's been awhile!

Excuse me but it has been awhile since my last post, I must apologize. I'm sorry.

There was a big scrapbooking crop over the weekend before this past one. A quilt I donated for a prize brought in $396.00! I also recieved 101 fat quarters to make bandannas! Thank-you ladies!

Since then, I pulled out a quilt top I started about 10 years ago and finally finished it. I'm not sure where that one is going to end up. I'm sure it will end up someplace where it's loved.

I'm just trying to finish all my UFOs (unfinished objects) and then I can start with a fresh slate.

And it's time to start with Christmas preparations with cookie baking, some gifts to be made and some bought, hanging the boughs and lights up outside (perhaps this weekend when it's warmer), card making and just really enjoy this Christmas without my daughter lying on the couch sick like last year. I may even tune into some Christmas music! Which will be a surprise because I can't stand the music on the account I worked retail for 15 years+ because the stores started it right after Halloween and played steady till the end of January. Really folks I didn't need to hear it for 3 months straight.

The snow has blanketed the ground here and some more shovelling is in order. I don't mind winter without the wind. I want to get out there and cross-country ski, I enjoy the peace and it gets me out.

Have a wonderful day and I'll make sure I post sooner. Take care of you since there is only one of you.

1 comment:

  1. WOW on all you do!! You truly are an incredible woman who provides strength to all who are honored to have you in their lives.

    Thank you for what you do!! Your gentle caring provides such love.

    I am sad to say, that I only learned what these squares were was when i purchased some bundles to donate. I wish i knew more, so please tell me where the best ones are, what you are looking for so that I can go out and buy some armed with a little more knowledge.

    Thank you again! Very blessed to know you and can't wait to develop a long lasting relationship - big hugs!

    ReplyDelete