Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Thankful Gifts

Another Thanksgiving has past, we remembered what we are thankful for and blessing those less fortunate than us. With turkey and a few trimmings left over, perhaps making a homemade soup is on the agenda this week. Gifts of fabric came in the mail this past week, I am grateful for them, cards of Thanks will be posted later today along with a couple of requests for bandannas which I am happy to oblidge to send. I woke up to loud meows of my cat (who selfishly thinks I'm the only one that can tend to her needs), the scent of fresh brewed coffee and a cool, crispy, frosty morning. The leaves have changed and fallen and I raked them up in a pile for the grand kids to come along a take a jump, they are just getting too old for that now for they did not take no interest. I will get them bagged and use them for mulching my shrubs. The crop behind our property was combined over the weekend, hope the harvest went well and no injuries. The land and the trees has changed once again, just sitting in a dormant stage waiting for something new , constantly changing and so we must do so too. Gifts are always put in our lives, it's what we do with them that counts. Many blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment